Friday, March 18, 2011

Baby Marks

Well, I have to confess.. I did not make my goal of picking out my favorite color today. I ended up flying around town in my "jet" to take care of some things that I needed to get done before the weekend. One of my last stops was at the post office, which just so happens to be across the street from the paint store. I could see the paint samples in their perfect arrangement through the window. They seemed to be calling my name! I vowed that next week I will step foot in that store and find my favorite color. I started to wonder..what actually WILL BE my favorite color...not what IS my favorite color.  I have decided that finding "Me" doesn't mean finding what I perceive to have lost or forgotten. Rather, it means creating a new awareness of my now and celebrating my then because it is what has gotten me to my now...WOW that was a mouthful.. I hope it made sense to you.  In my journey to be visible to "ME," I am beginning to realize that some things about me have always been the same. My heart has not changed. My body...well, let's just say it has made some "Adjustments" through the years...mostly due to gravity and stretch marks (a.k.a "Baby Marks" in our household) LOL..I have always told my kids that those marks represent their exciting beginnings. My oldest daughter suggested that I get my four children's name's tatooed on their "designated marks." Yeah, I don't think so!!!! But it brought up a good point...those marks represent life, new beginnings..a gift I have been given that other women have not. They would give anything to bear those marks....yet when Summer rolls around the first thing I do is hide them....make them invisible to others....Why do we do that? I say "we" because I am hoping I am not the only one who does it. Something to think about. Tonight I pray for those who cannot conceive...you are in my heart.
 My spirit has gained a deeper understanding as I have gotten older and I feel like each passing year I have more and more clarity about the things in life that are most important. I have a sign in my house that says "Everyday Counts"... I believe this with everything I am. As I take these steps to balance my life, I challenge you to be aware that everyday counts...What will you do to make it count?
Sorry..I kind of rambled tonight...I am learning :)
Until next time,
XOXO
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment